Hi! My name is Deepak Anand and I am running as the candidate for the Progressive Conservative Party (PC) here in Mississauga-Malton. I immigrated from India back in 2000 with a chemical engineering degree and got a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the Schulich School of Business before becoming a small business owner.
When I started this journey I promised everyone that I would be Active, Inspired and Motivated to bring about positive change to the area - it was my AIM if you will. For the last few years even before I decided to run I have been active in the community by volunteering and working with different social agencies.
- Former Director of the Indus Community Services (an immigrant settling service)
- Former Director of Telecare Brampton
- Current Director for the Canadian Federation of Truckers (an organization that fights for the rights of truck drivers)
- Co-Chair of the Malton Building Community Project (umbrella organization representing various community agencies)
- Founder of Meaningful Media (an organization that focuses on bringing light to different charities)
- Producer and Host for Radio Saanjh (a radio show that discusses local issues and provides exposure to different local organizations that are working for the betterment of the community - on 770AM from 5-6PM every Saturday)
Some of the other projects that I have worked upon in the past that I am extremely proud of include
- e-Seniors, where I and a few youths taught basic computer skills to seniors during the summer
- Colours Can Talk, which was an interactive program to engage children with autism through painting
- Immigrant Mentorship Program, in which I consistently provided support to a lot of new immigrants and students
As I said before, I have an MBA with a specialization in Sustainability and I found that the current government’s plan just won't work in the long-term. Furthermore one of the reasons why I am running is because that I felt there just isn’t a connection between the current government and the people anymore, and I want to change that as the people should always feel that they can easily access from their representatives help whenever they need it.
As part of my personal AIM for Mississauga-Malton, I will be particularly advocating for the following five policies.
- Youth Empowerment
- Bringing our Education into the 21st Century
- Local Employment
- Community Engagement
- Public Housing
For more detail on my personal platform that is separate from the central party, click here!
To see more of what I stand for and me, simply contact me through any of the social media links provided below. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate in reaching out to me. I look forward to being your voice at Queen’s Park!